Sunday, October 08, 2006

Always asking for more.

I woke three times from pleasant dreams last night. Each time I woke, I cried myself back to sleep. Isn't that pathetic and selfish?

I have so much. A sweet-tempered, beautiful, healthy son. A lovely little cottage and kind neighbors. A couple of decorative hay bales and multi-colored, decorative gourds surrounding a smiling, factory-made scarecrow. Apple-scented candles and green houseplants. A rewarding career and the respect of my peers.

Dammit.

What if my co-worker was right? What if I can't go it alone?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who tells someone who has made it this far already that they can't go it alone deserves to be Dynasty slapped.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

Oh. Thanks guys. That's sweet. I missed you!

Scott, How's your family?

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're good, thanks for asking. Cameron, our youngest is 5 months now and doing all the exciting stuff that babies do, and Braeden our almost 3 yr old(can't believe how time goes by like that) is your typiucal 3 yr. old. Full of funny ideas and mischief. Hope this finds you and your son well around the holidays. Godd to see the explosion of posts lately too. Hope that means all is well.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.