Thursday, June 30, 2005

The aging of a kiss.

I was thinking today about the way that teenagers kiss in high school hallways. The boy leans back into the locker and the girl sort of lies on him standing up, and they'll do that until some bald teacher in a bow tie comes along and pries them apart with an ascerbic comment.

Teenagers can spend hours absorbed in kissing.

I don't know what happens along the way, but I think that the fascination dries up. I never see adults drooped against each other in public places, engaged in prolonged sessions of kissing. I don't think we do it much in private either. I think somewhere along the way we become jaded and disenchanted with the simplicity of soft lips.

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I would be surprised if you didn't.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.