Friday, May 20, 2005

Uninspired

I'm feeling uninspired. I have absolutely nothing to say. So here's another song that Memaw sang to me when I was a little girl:

Charlie McCarthy loved Rosie O'Day,
and every night beneath her window he'd say,
"Rosaday! Rosaday!
You're daring, you're charming, you're lovely,
and that's what I mean when I say,
'Rosaday! Rosaday!
You're my fillamadilly, schinamarusky,
baldyraldy, boomtooty, booomtooty, boomtootyay, OLAY!'"

Wait. I do have something to say. I've been singing "Row Your Boat" to Fain lately, and I can't help but feel like there's a hidden message in it. Like a koan. Look.

Row, row, row your boat,
gently down the stream,
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
life is but a dream.

Life is but a dream? What does that mean? All this time I didn't think that it meant anything, but now I can't quit thinking about it. Wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.